- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Kagan: ‘Steep learning curve’ on high court
In her first interview since joining the court in August, Justice Kagan told the C-SPAN cable network that she will not have to sit out many more cases because of her previous work for the Obama administration. Justice Kagan has taken herself out of more than two dozen cases so far, but said the numbers are “definitely subsiding.”
C-SPAN provided excerpts of the 48-minute interview on Monday.
Norton: Ethics probe a waste of money
Former Interior Secretary Gale A. Norton said the Obama administration “wasted millions of taxpayer dollars” in a nearly two-year probe of her ties to an oil company where she took a job after leaving her post at Interior.
Mrs. Norton, who served as Interior secretary from 2001 to 2006, was accused of using her position to steer lucrative oil leases to Royal Dutch Shell PLC, where she took a job nine months after leaving Interior.
Mary Kendall, the Interior Department’s acting inspector general, said Friday that the investigation failed to prove a conflict of interest. She said the Justice Department has closed a criminal probe in the case.
LAW AND ORDER
‘No refusal’ policy urged for DUIs
The government is urging states and local authorities to use policies that can crack down on suspected drunken drivers who refuse breath tests to avoid prosecution.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again