- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Rapper pleads guilty in NY weapon case
NEW YORK (AP) - Rapper Ja Rule has pleaded guilty in New York to attempted criminal possession of a weapon.
The gun-possession case stems from a July 2007 stop of his luxury sports car. The rapper said “this isn’t a good day” and declined to discuss the case as he left a Manhattan court.
Police say they found a loaded semiautomatic gun in a rear door of the $250,000-plus car after it was stopped for speeding.
In court Monday, Ja Rule was promised a two-year prison sentence. He’s free until sentencing, on a date yet to be set. He’s due in court Feb. 9 for an update.
Ja Rule’s “Pain is Love” was nominated for a best rap album Grammy Award in 2002. The 34-year-old rapper _ born Jeffrey Atkins _ also has appeared in movies, including the 2001 film “The Fast and the Furious.”
(This version CORRECTS that sentencing date is yet to be set, but he is due in court Feb. 9.)
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014