- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
Cowboys ILB Brooking aims to play a few more years
Whenever Brooking retires, he’d like for it to be on his own terms.
But he knows it doesn’t always work out that way for warrior-types like himself. Guys keep thinking they can play until no team agrees.
“It’s just the way we’re made up _ as men, as players,” he said. “It’s part of what’s gotten every guy in this locker room here and made this team. Football is very high up on my priority list. But football doesn’t define me. I’m prepared. I’ve been blessed. I have no regrets.”
He also expects to have a second career _ in sports media. He jokes about taking reporters’ jobs when he retires.
“It’s all in due time,” he said, smiling. “Y’all don’t get too nervous right now.”
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again