- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Nationals re-sign RHP Wang to 1-year deal
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Washington Nationals have re-signed Chien-Ming Wang, who is trying to come back from shoulder surgery and hasn’t pitched since July 2009.
The 30-year-old right-hander gets a one-year major league contract. He went 1-6 with a 9.64 ERA in 2009, then missed all of last season.
Wang was a 19-game winner in 2006 and 2007, starting the New York Yankees’ postseason opener both years, but he injured his right foot while running the bases in June 2008 and missed the last 3 1/2 months of that season.
He allowed 23 runs in six innings over three starts when he came back in 2009, then went on the disabled list, and returned in May to make three relief appearances and six starts before his season was ended by shoulder pain. Dr. James Andrews repaired a tear in the right shoulder capsule.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.