- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
49ers need help from others to save playoff hopes
Question of the Day
Alex Smith regained his starting job and led the 49ers past Seattle 40-21 on Dec. 12.
Still, Singletary insists he will _ as always _ name his quarterback based on who he believes best puts San Francisco in position to win. One of Troy Smith’s victories came in a 23-20 overtime win against the Rams at home Nov. 14. He threw for 356 yards and a touchdown on 17-for-28 passing.
That could play a factor in the decision who to start this time against St. Louis.
“I just think that right now as we look at the film and look at the things we want to do, we’ll look at the Rams when we played them the first time,” Singletary said. “The Rams were a little bit different and I think we’re a little bit different. There are some things that have changed since then and we’ll deal with it accordingly.”
Notes: The other 49ers injuries from Thursday were LB Travis LaBoy (knee sprain), RB Anthony Dixon (ankle sprain), S Dashon Goldson (dislocated finger), LB Manny Lawson (thigh contusion), CB Nate Clements (ankle). Singletary said the team might look to add a running back this coming week considering Dixon and DeShawn Wynn (dehydration) both had their issues Thursday _ though he expects each player to be fine.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world