- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
The arrests of seven people in Spain and three in Thailand this week represent a major achievement in dismantling one of the world’s most notorious forgery rings - one known for its skill in providing fake documents to criminal and terrorism enterprises - said Jaime Fa, a police attache at the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok.
Muhammad Athar Butt, 39, and Zeeshan Ehsan Butt, 27, both of Pakistan; and Sirikanya Kitbamrung, 25, of Thailand were arrested at a checkpoint Tuesday while trying to enter Laos. They could face charges of receiving stolen passports from networks in Spain and elsewhere in Europe via regular mail and then altering the passports for clients.
Ex-president begins serving graft sentence
TAIPEI | Former Taiwanese President Chen Shui-bian was moved Thursday from a jail to a penitentiary to formally begin serving a 19-year sentence, after the Supreme Court upheld his conviction on wide-ranging graft charges.
Chen, 60, looking relaxed and alert, was taken by a police van from the suburban Tucheng Detention Facility to Taipei Penitentiary in neighboring Taoyuan county.
The pro-independence leader, who broke the 50-year monopoly on power of the rival Nationalist Party in 2000, was convicted in 2009 on charges of embezzling $3.15 million from a special presidential fund, receiving bribes worth at least $9 million and laundering some of the money through Swiss bank accounts.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.