- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
National Board of Review picks ‘Social Network’
NEW YORK (AP) - The National Board of Review has chosen "The Social Network" as the best film of the year.
The NBR on Thursday lavished a total of four awards on the film about the founding of Facebook. They included naming David Fincher best director and Jesse Eisenberg best actor for his portrayal of Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg.
Lesley Manville was named best actress for her performance as a desperate middle-aged secretary in "Another Year," Mike Leigh's ensemble drama about friends and relations struggling for love and connections.
The National Board of Review, which is composed of film historians, students and educators, was founded in 1909. The awards will be handed out Jan. 11 in a New York gala hosted by Meredith Vieira.
(This version CORRECTS that 'The Social Network' won four awards, instead of three.)
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014