- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Repko and Neshek agree with Twins
Question of the Day
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Minnesota Twins have agreed to one-year deals with outfielder Jason Repko and right-hander Pat Neshek and offered 2011 contracts to 26 others, including shortstop J.J. Hardy and lefty Francisco Liriano.
Repko agreed Thursday at $600,000 deal and Neshek at $625,000, with both avoiding arbitration. Repko was the fourth outfielder and a defensive specialist, and Neshek is a reliever who has struggled with injuries the last two seasons.
Minnesota offered contracts to closer Matt Capps, who gives them insurance if Joe Nathan struggles in his return from elbow ligament-replacement surgery, outfielder Delmon Young and pitchers Brian Duensing, Kevin Slowey and Glen Perkins.
Third baseman Danny Valencia, catchers Drew Butera and Jose Morales, infielder Alexi Casilla, outfielder Ben Revere and relievers Jose Mijares and Alex Burnett were among the other players offered contracts.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs