- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
What if Oregon and Auburn lose?
TCU, by the way, has one victory against the BCS top 25.
If the whole body of work is taken into account, Auburn would be the most deserving one-loss team. But the timing of the loss might be hard to overcome. And who knows how the allegations of NCAA violations by Cam Newton and his father would affect voters?
Wisconsin and TCU playing for the national championship is a realistic possibility. That could also open the door for Michigan State to play in the Rose Bowl, instead of an Oregon-Ohio State rematch of last year’s game. Auburn would (again) take Arkansas’ at-large spot and _ who knows? _ it could even push Stanford out of automatic qualifying position.
No. 24 Northern Illinois (minus 17 1/2) vs. Miami, Ohio, at Detroit
Huskies ran for 544 yards against Eastern Michigan last week … N. ILLINOIS 35-21.
No. 1 Oregon (minus 16 1/2) at Oregon State
Ducks sprint to the finish line … OREGON 45-21.
No. 2 Auburn (minus 4 1/2) vs. No. 18 South Carolina at Atlanta
Tigers better not have an Iron Bowl hangover … AUBURN 35-24.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again