- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
AP source: Nolasco gets 3-year deal with Marlins
MIAMI (AP) - A person familiar with the negotiations says right-hander Ricky Nolasco has agreed to a three-year contract with the Florida Marlins.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Monday because the contract won't become final until Nolasco passes a physical. Another person familiar with the deal said it was worth about $26 million.
The agreement further solidifies the Marlins' rotation as they prepare to open a new ballpark in 2012. Ace Josh Johnson has three years remaining on a $39 million contract he signed a year ago
Nolasco is 54-39 in five years with the Marlins. Last season he went 14-9 with a 4.51 ERA.
Florida's rotation next season will also include Anibal Sanchez, Chris Volstad and newcomer Javier Vazquez.
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again