- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Mike Miller to dress for Miami Heat for 1st time
Miller was in uniform for the first time this season when the Heat faced the Dallas Mavericks, though coach Erik Spoelstra said the swingman was not guaranteed of getting minutes. Miller sat out the first 29 games while recovering from a broken thumb and torn ligament in his right hand _ the one he shoots with.
“We both decided that he’s ready to suit,” Spoelstra said.
“It’s very encouraging,” Heat forward LeBron James said. “Not only for us, but for him personally. I know he’s been really excited to try to get back healthy and get back playing with this team. We’ve been waiting for him.”
For his career, Miller has averaged 13.7 points on 46 percent shooting, 41 percent shooting from 3-point range. He was second in the NBA in 3-point shooting last season, making 48 percent, and signed with Miami this past summer.
Miller likely will be used in short stints for the next few games, especially since there isn’t a glaring need for help right now in the Miami rotation. The Heat entered Monday on a 12-game winning streak, and Miller himself said he might have to sacrifice some minutes for now to keep things rolling.
Miller was hurt Oct. 20 when his hand got tangled in James‘ jersey during a drill in practice and had surgery two days later. He has been shooting for several weeks, has been working on his conditioning throughout the recovery and was cleared for contact last week _ about a month ahead of the schedule originally expected.
Miller will go through a workout Tuesday, then practice Wednesday before the team flies to Phoenix for a Thursday game against the Suns. He’s been clamoring to play since last week and hoped to make his debut last Friday when the Heat visited the New York Knicks.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Global-warming mania's deadly fallout
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
- Mega Millions players dream of a green Christmas with lottery jackpot at $636 million
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Uncensored exploration of issues concerning current events, civil liberties, American political advocacy, and the political and social issues facing military veterans.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow