- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Bettman doesn’t mind Boudreau’s cursing
NEW YORK | NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman disagrees with Bruce Boudreau's mom: He doesn't mind the Capitals coach's cursing.
Boudreau's expletive-filled rant at his struggling team during the first episode of HBO's "24/7" series about Washington and the Pittsburgh Penguins has drawn plenty of buzz — and admonishment from his mother.
But Bettman called it a natural part of "the ultimate reality show."
"You're watching a team and in particular a coach going through a very difficult time," Bettman said at a media breakfast Tuesday to promote the Winter Classic between the two teams. "No one in this room is prudish enough to think that locker room language isn't coarse."
The commissioner added, "Both teams have handled themselves beautifully."
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.