- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Jenks, Red Sox finalize $12 million, 2-year deal
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - Reliever Bobby Jenks and the Boston Red Sox have finalized a $12 million, two-year contract.
The former Chicago White Sox closer joins a bullpen that already has Jonathan Papelbon and Daniel Bard working the late innings. Jenks should provide insurance if one of them falters, with a chance that the right-hander could move into the closing job.
Jenks is a two-time All-Star who was the White Sox stopper when the club won the 2005 World Series, ending an 88-year drought. Last season, he converted 19 of 20 save chances in the first half but struggled with arm problems and lost his closing job at the end of the season. His 173 saves rank second in White Sox history.
Boston also designated infielder Brent Dlugach for assignment.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors