- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Capitals rally, fall to Penguins in Winter Classic preview
Crosby extended his points streak to 23 games with a goal and an assist, and Pascal Dupuis scored the decisive goal in the seventh round of a shootout to give the Penguins a 3-2 victory Thursday night.
“You almost could have wished this was the outdoor game,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, “but it’s a prelude for sure.”
“People outside of hockey fans, I think they learned a little more about each team and the guys on each team,” he said. “It might be a little more intense because of that, but I think as far as both teams are concerned, it’s probably pretty high as it is.”
“I try not to think about it, just go out there and do the same thing every night and hope that I capitalize and create things,” Crosby said. “You’ve still got to evaluate your game. It’s not always based on points.”
Chris Kunitz also scored to help the Penguins win their third straight and 15th in 17 games.
Dupuis converted a wrister from the inside edge of the right circle, ending the shootout after Marc-Andre Fleury used his skate to block Mike Green’s drive at the right post for his sixth straight save.
“They had passion. We played, arguably right now … the best team in the league and I thought we played them to a standstill,” he said.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again