- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Florida defensive coach treated for gastritis
Question of the Day
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - Florida defensive coordinator Teryl Austin has been released from a Tampa hospital after spending a day there being treated for mild gastritis.
University of Florida spokesman Steve McClain says the 45-year-old Austin missed practice and was admitted to Tampa General Hospital on Monday with abdominal pains. He says Austin was diagnosed with an inflammation of the stomach lining.
Austin became Florida's defensive coordinator this season, joining the staff from the Arizona Cardinals. He has been an assistant coach for 20 seasons, including 13 at the collegiate level.
He spent the previous seven seasons in the NFL with Arizona (2007-09) and Seattle (2003-06) as a defensive backs coach.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- On border quagmire, Obama passes the buck to Congress
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- D'Souza on Costco debacle: 'It was really bizarre'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener