- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
QB Christian Ponder set to start for Seminoles
Question of the Day
“You get close to a lot of guys but he’s special, he really is,” Fisher said. “He embodies everything. When you as a head coach think of what you want people to think of your program, the athletes you develop and who you have out there, he embodies all that. As a person off the field, what he does as a student and what he does as a competitor.”
Ponder’s highlights this season include wins over Florida and Miami. He has 2,038 yards passing and 177 yards rushing with four touchdowns.
“It allows you to stay ahead of the stick and lets you be very aggressive,” Fisher said. “I know when I call it, if we get the right look, we’re going downtown. If not, he’s going to get me into something else and get me some yardage so we can call it the next play.
“It does change the whole way you call the game, big-time.”
Manuel, a sophomore, threw two interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown, in the loss to Virginia Tech. Manuel also started for Ponder and rushed for 71 yards in a 16-13 win over Clemson this season.
Manuel was the MVP of the Seminoles’ Gator Bowl win over West Virginia last season.
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said Ponder is “a tremendous talent” who also is a dangerous runner.
“He can run around, too,” Spurrier said. “That’s why I don’t think there’s a huge difference if either quarterback is in there.”
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world