- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
NW Missouri State coach announces retirement
Question of the Day
MARYVILLE, MO. (AP) - Mel Tjeerdsma, who won three NCAA Division II national championships at Northwest Missouri State, s retiring.
The 64-year-old Tjeerdsma announced Wednesday that he will retire after 17 years at the school., where he compiled a 183-32 record. Besides the three championships, his team played in four other championship games. He teams also won 12 MIAA championships.
He was a four-time national coach of the year and was a finalist for the award again this year. He was inducted into the NCAA Division II Football Hall of Fame this month and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame last January.
His 32 playoff victories and 42 postseason games are Division II records.
The Bearcats currently have a 46-game winning streak in regular-season conference play.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world