- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
NW Missouri State coach announces retirement
MARYVILLE, MO. (AP) - Mel Tjeerdsma, who won three NCAA Division II national championships at Northwest Missouri State, s retiring.
The 64-year-old Tjeerdsma announced Wednesday that he will retire after 17 years at the school., where he compiled a 183-32 record. Besides the three championships, his team played in four other championship games. He teams also won 12 MIAA championships.
He was a four-time national coach of the year and was a finalist for the award again this year. He was inducted into the NCAA Division II Football Hall of Fame this month and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame last January.
His 32 playoff victories and 42 postseason games are Division II records.
The Bearcats currently have a 46-game winning streak in regular-season conference play.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.