- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Wichard suspended for 9 months by union
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - Longtime agent Gary Wichard has been suspended for nine months by the NFL Players Association for his role in a recruiting scandal involving the University of North Carolina.
The union also is revoking the agent certification of Southern Cal undergrad Teague Egan, who gave a ride across campus to tailback Dillon Baxter, a violation of NCAA rules. A union spokesman said a review of Egan’s qualifications showed he “is not fit to be a certified contract advisor.”
Wichard, an agent since 1980, was suspended for his involvement with Marvin Austin, a former Tar Heels player who was dismissed from the team in October.
Among his NFL clients are Dwight Freeney, Jason Taylor, Antonio Cromartie, Elvis Dumervil and Darren Sproles.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq