- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Garrard has surgery to repair injured finger
JACKSONVILLE, FLA. (AP) - Jaguars quarterback David Garrard has undergone surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right middle finger.
Garrard had surgery Thursday at Baptist Orthopaedic Surgery Center in Jacksonville. Garrard posted a picture of himself wearing a sling and cast on Twitter following the outpatient procedure. Garrard tweeted “Surgery went great. Now for the recovery!”
Team spokesman Dan Edwards says Garrard had surgery to repair a tendon disruption and a ligament rupture. The Jaguars placed the quarterback on injured reserve Thursday.
Garrard said Wednesday that rehabilitation is expected to take two months. He slammed his hand into Indianapolis defensive end Dwight Freeney’s helmet on Dec. 19. X-rays were negative, and Garrard insisted his finger was just jammed. But he re-injured it during Sunday’s 20-17 overtime loss to Washington.
Jacksonville promoted linebacker Alvin Bowen off the practice squad to take Garrard’s spot on the roster.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.