- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
CA office: Stricter regs for ‘Brockovich’ chemical
Question of the Day
SACRAMENTO, CALIF. (AP) - California environmental health officials are recommending stricter limits on a carcinogen in drinking water whose dangers became more widely known after the 2000 film “Erin Brockovich.”
Scientists with the state’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment said Friday water systems should have no more than 0.02 parts per billion of hexavalent chromium. That’s down from their 2009 recommendation of 0.06 parts per billion.
They say the revised proposal is based on new research that shows certain populations are more susceptible to health risks from exposure to carcinogens.
It is intended to guide state public health officials as they develop an enforceable standard for hexavalent chromium in drinking water.
Brockovich sued Pacific Gas & Electric Co. over hexavalent chromium releases in the town of Hinkley.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors