- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Reid says it would be “stretch: for Vick to play
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is unlikely to play against the Dallas Cowboys after he missed a second straight day of practice Friday.
“I think it will be a stretch for him to play in this game,” Philadelphia coach Andy Reid said.
The Eagles listed Vick as questionable on their official injury report. Sunday’s home game has no significance to Philadelphia’s playoff status.
Vick bruised his right leg on the first play of the Eagles' 24-14 loss to the Vikings Tuesday night, a loss that eliminated the Eagles from contention for a first-round playoff bye and locked them into the No. 3 seed in the NFC playoffs as the East division champions.
The Eagles (10-5) will open postseason against either the Packers, Giants or Buccaneers.
Vick, who missed the 2007 and 2008 seasons while in prison after pleading guilty to federal dogfighting charges, was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in five years after leading the Eagles to their first NFC East title since 2006.
He’s thrown 21 touchdowns and six interceptions, passed for 3,018 yards and rushed for 676 .
“He’s been in with (trainer) Rick (Burkholder) and getting everything done that needs to be done,” Reid said.
“This did happen on a run, (but) this was a little different,” Reid said. “This wasn’t a big hit or any of that. Actually, it was just somebody’s elbow caught him … between the slide pad and the knee pad so kind of a freak deal.
“I think he’s been doing better at getting down, and he’s been working on getting out of bounds, doing those things so this wouldn’t happen. This one, actually, he was diving down and he got out of the way of a big hit.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world