- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
Former SC football coach Marvin Bass dies at 91
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Marvin Bass, a former head football coach at South Carolina who posted three wins against in-state rival Clemson in five seasons, has died. He was 91.
Greenlawn Funeral Home says Bass died Friday.
Nicknamed “Moose,” Bass was an All-American at William and Mary from 1939-42 and served two years in the Navy.
During his stint at South Carolina from 1961-65, Bass had a record of 17-29-4. His best season was his last when the team went 5-5 overall and 4-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
He was an assistant for several college and NFL teams, including for Dan Reeves in Denver and Atlanta. Reeves played quarterback for Bass at South Carolina and will be among the pallbearers at the funeral Tuesday.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world