- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
AP source: Blue Jays trade RHP Marcum to Brewers
Question of the Day
A person familiar with the trade told The Associated Press on Monday that the deal was set. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because it had not been officially announced at baseball’s winter meetings.
The Blue Jays have been stockpiling young talent in recent years, and there was talk they might try to put together a trade package to go after former Cy Young winner Zack Greinke of Kansas City.
Lawrie is a 20-year-old second baseman from Canada and was rated among Milwaukee’s top minor leaguers. He hit .285 with eight home runs, 63 RBIs and 30 stolen bases in Double-A last season.
Lawrie made the Canadian Olympic team in 2008 as a teenager and the country’s 2009 club for the World Baseball Classic. His path to the majors with Milwaukee, at least at second base, was blocked by Rickie Weeks.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener