- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
20 bodies recovered in landslide
BELLO | Colombian authorities said they recovered 20 bodies — including those of two children — after a landslide in a poor Medellin suburb and that more than 100 people were missing and feared dead.
Sunday’s landslide was triggered by Colombia’s worst rains in 40 years.
John Rendon, emergency coordinator for Antioquia state, where the suburb is located, said 30 homes were buried under tons of sodden earth in the slide.
Three hundred rescuers were working Monday to recover bodies from the debris. Nearly five out of every six municipalities in Antioquia have declared emergencies because of the rains.
The Red Cross said the death toll from floods and mudslides triggered by this year’s rainfall was 188, including the victims of Sunday’s slide.
5 killed in boat capsize
Virgin Islands Search and Rescue said in a statement that six people from the boat are still missing and three are hospitalized. The other survivors have been detained.
Polls show PRI could return in 2012
MEXICO CITY | Mexico’s main opposition party is in good shape to return to power in 2012 in the country it ruled for seven decades, according to two polls published Monday.
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again