- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
Offensive boss Davis resigns in Texas shake-up
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis has resigned and two other assistant coaches are leaving after the Longhorns’ first losing season since 1997.
Davis, who has been with head coach Mack Brown for 13 seasons at Texas, had been under fire all season as Texas finished 5-7 and didn’t qualify for a bowl. It was Brown’s first losing season since 1989.
Offensive line coach Mac McWhorter and defensive line coach Mike Tolleson also are leaving the program.
Texas spokesman John Bianco said Monday that Brown was not likely to announce replacements until after the bowl season.
By Tammy Bruce
Sheryl Sandberg, Beyonce are bossy women trying to ban bossy from our vocabulary
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- As Ukraine crisis simmers, U.S. transport planes heading to Poland
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014