- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Ellerson signs contract extension at Army
Question of the Day
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) - Army coach Rich Ellerson, who this season will guide the Black Knights to their first bowl game in 14 years, has been given a two-year contract extension.
Terms of the agreement were not revealed. The new pact, announced Tuesday, will extend Ellerson’s contract through 2015.
In just his second season at Army, Ellerson has guided the Black Knights (6-5) to a berth in the Armed Forces Bowl against SMU on Dec. 30. Army was 5-7 his first season.
“This is where we’ll finish up I hope,” said the 56-year-old Ellerson, who coached at Cal Poly for eight seasons before taking over at Army in 2009.
Army concludes its regular season against Navy (8-3) on Saturday in Philadelphia. If the Black Knights win one of their two remaining games, Ellerson would become the first coach to win at least 12 games in his first two seasons since Tom Cahill won 16 in 1966 (8-2) and 1967 (8-2).
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world