- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Judge rejects TV producer’s bid for release in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A TV reality show producer charged with his wife's killing in Mexico will remain jailed in California after losing a bid to have his case dismissed.
Bruce Beresford-Redman appeared in federal court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, and his attorneys asked a judge to toss his case on the grounds his detention on a fugitive warrant was unconstitutional.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Suzanne Segal rejected the argument, saying prosecutors had established probable cause for Beresford-Redman's arrest.
The former "Survivor" producer's attorneys argued that federal prosecutors failed to show probable cause for why Beresford-Redman should be sent to Mexico to stand trial on an aggravated homicide charge. He is accused of killing his wife Monica while they were vacationing at a swank Cancun resort in April.
A decision on whether Beresford-Redman should be extradited is likely several months away.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again