- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Miller misleading on Alaska Native groups
Question of the Day
Joe Miller’s recent tirade on his failed U.S. Senate bid misled readers about the work and value of Alaska Native Corporations (“Writing in Corruption,” Commentary, Monday).
ANCs submit bids on every 8(a) contract they receive, whether sole-sourced or competitively won. What’s more, ANC award selection is based on skill, expertise and cost efficiency to support specific contract requirements. ANCs go where the work is, in or outside of Alaska - and are no different from any other government contractor in their ability to hire subcontractors to develop the best team to address the needs of their customers.
ANCs provide value to taxpayers and have returned millions in benefits to one of America’s most forgotten and disadvantaged populations. I am one of thousands of Alaska Natives who have seen firsthand how ANCs have helped our communities. Mr. Miller does a disservice to Alaska and readers of this paper in perpetuating myths about the Alaska Senate race, Alaska Natives and ANCs to advance his own political agenda.
Native American Contractors Association
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis