- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
Pirates reach deals with starters Correia, Olsen
Question of the Day
The 30-year-old Correia was 10-10 with a 5.40 ERA in 26 starts for San Diego last season. He has a 36-43 record and 4.57 ERA in eight seasons, going 12-11 in 2009.
The Pirates had the majors’ worst starting pitching while finishing 57-105 in 2010. Their starters’ 5.28 ERA was easily the NL’s worst, with Milwaukee ranking second to last at 4.65.
Correia made $3.6 million last season. He gets a $2 million signing bonus from the Pirates, annual salaries of $3 million and the chance to earn an additional $1 million in performance bonuses in 2012.
Pittsburgh also has a one-year deal with left-hander Scott Olsen, who also must pass a physical. Olsen was 6-12 over the last two seasons for Washington, which removed him from its 40-man roster on Nov. 5.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Budget has marks of Obama, but Congress hammered out deal without him
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow