- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Cliff-hanger: Yankees finally make offer to Lee
“This is someone that’s worth the wait, and I’ll just leave it at that,” the GM said of Lee.
“He’s a difference maker for any club he goes to,” Girardi said. “When he’s up, when he’s on the bases, he’s a great player. We’ve had a chance to see him a lot over the last six or seven years. And he’s a pain. That is the type of player he is. You know that any single can be a triple. It’s easy for him to score runs.”
NOTES: LHP Andy Pettitte called Cashman on Tuesday and said he hoped New York signs Lee. Cashman sounded more hopeful Pettitte will return for 2011. “If I had to bet at some point, I think he’ll play, but he’s telling me right now he’s leaning the other way.” … Girardi has talked with Jorge Posada about the plan to switch him from primarily a catcher to mostly a DH. “He understands. But I still think that he wants to catch. I mean, that is his first love, that is his first passion. To me this gives him a chance to extend his career, stay healthy, and be productive for us.” … OF Brett Gardner had inflamed tissue removed from his right wrist by Dr. Melvin Rosenwasser. Gardner is expected to be ready for spring training.
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- House pushes through two-year Ryan-Murray budget deal
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
An informed and often humorous take on the world of advertising, public relations and social media. 100% Pure. Not from concentrate.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow