- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Pena, Cubs agree to $10M, 1-year deal
Question of the Day
“It wasn’t any secret from the end of the season on that one of our top and most important priorities was to fill our void at first base,” Hendry said. “We were looking, certainly, to add someone from the left side, that not only was a quality offensive player with some power but also a good defender and a high character young man. We have certainly landed that. We have filled all of the essentials that we were looking for with Carlos.”
NOTES: Greg Maddux, an assistant to Hendry, was part of the Cubs‘ team on the transaction. Boras was Maddux’s longtime agent. “His role with us has continued to grow,” Hendry said. Said Boras: “Greg has so many abilities and so many aptitudes, so to see him walk in the room and sit across from you, it’s really a feeling of great reward.”
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq