- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Pena goes to Cubs, Konerko back to White Sox
Question of the Day
The four-time All-Star was in Mexico, on vacation and overlooking the ocean, when he got a text message that the White Sox had acquired free-agent slugger Adam Dunn. At first, Konerko figured that meant his days in Chicago were Dunn. Then, he reconsidered.
“Maybe they’re actually going to make a push to get both of us,” Konerko thought to himself.
White Sox spokesman Scott Reifert said season ticketholders seemed enthused about the team’s 2011 prospects.
“Phones are ringing off the hook to the point that the sales department canceled its holiday party tonight to stay late and field all of the calls,” he said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
Francoeur, who started last season with the New York Mets and wound up in the World Series with Texas, sounded enthused about becoming an everyday starter in Kansas City.
“When I’ve been comfortable, I’ve tended to play well,” he said. “I’m not the greatest guy when I sit on the bench. I have ants in my pants.”
The meetings end Thursday with the Rule 5 draft, mostly made up of minor league veterans left off 40-man rosters. Even when teams pack up and leave the Disney resort, look for more deals _ often 3 1/2 days of talking quickly turns into a move or two.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq