- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Patriots defense tied for AFC interceptions lead
Coach Bill Belichick has raved all season about McCourty. On film, prior to the draft, Belichick was impressed with McCourty’s ability to analyze what he saw. So Belichick took him with the 27th pick.
“He’s really intelligent, works hard. You would think he’s a five-year veteran,” Sanders said. “He’s a real intelligent guy. He picks up a lot of subtle things on film.”
“I wouldn’t do it if I was them,” he said.
After the rout, McCourty said, “He said something about me in the paper. I’m not worried about that. You have to come out and play.”
Another rookie, linebacker Brandon Spikes, also intercepted a pass by Sanchez after the Jets had moved all the way to the Patriots 9-yard line. Credit defensive line coach Pepper Johnson with an assist.
“Pepper throws balls at all of those guys every week, fires it in there and makes them catch the ball,” Belichick said. “It was kind of like the be-on-the-line drill that the linebackers do with Pepper every Friday. So, it was a nice catch.”
More hard passes will be coming their way. Cutler is known for his powerful arm and receivers Johnny Knox and Devin Hester are extremely fast.
“They have speed all around, Cutler, definitely,” Page said. “We’ve seen him outrun cornerbacks trying to get to the edge and making plays.”
If the Patriots can keep him in the pocket, they should have a better chance of adding to their interception total.
“We’d like to get as many as possible,” Sanders said. “As many as the offenses are willing to give us, we’ll take it.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.