- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
Vietnam vets deserve respect back home
Question of the Day
May the U.S. citizenry and government never betray their Vietnam War veterans and victims as Canada has betrayed the men who contributed to that infamous, anti-communism war (“Vietnam vets deserve real commemoration,” Letters to the Editor, Tuesday).
Canada shamefully excludes from its Remembrance Day ceremonies the honoring of those who contributed to - and even died in - the bloody Vietnam War.
Retrospectively, some can claim that there should not have been any foreign military involvement in Vietnam. However, the advantage of hindsight is 20/20. We should thus keep in mind that the vast majority of those who fought in that war likely did so with honorable intentions.
FRANK G. STERLE, JR.
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies