- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
Longtime adviser to Palin resigning
JUNEAU | A longtime aide and adviser to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she is resigning.
Meghan Stapleton said Wednesday her resignation would be effective at the end of the month. She plans to spend more time with her young daughter.
Mrs. Stapleton has been close to Mrs. Palin since her election as governor in 2006.
She was often the public face - and defender - of Mrs. Palin when Mrs. Palin was the Republican vice-presidential nominee in 2008.
It wasn’t immediately clear who would fill Mrs. Stapleton’s role.
Lawmakers: Verify candidates’ citizenship
PHOENIX | Nearly half of the Arizona Legislature wants to force President Obama to show his birth certificate to state officials if he runs for re-election.
A state House committee on Tuesday approved the measure sponsored by 40 of the state’s 90 legislators. It would require presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the requirements to be president.
All 40 co-sponsors are Republicans, comprising 75 percent of the GOP caucus. Two of them have since resigned to run for Congress.
The idea was proposed by Skull Valley Republican Rep. Judy Burges. She says if people have to prove their citizenship to apply for a job or get a passport, they should have to prove it to run for president.
Governor takes woman on conference trip
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- EDITORIAL: Stopping police asset-forfeiture predators
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq