- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
First Down: Best weekend bets
Question of the Day
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Eagles at Cowboys
It's a one-game showdown for the NFC East crown. If the Eagles win, they also lock up a first-round bye.
Cincinnati missed out on a chance for the BCS title but can still secure a perfect season with a win over Florida in Tim Tebow's final college game.
No. 1 Kansas at No. 19 Temple
The Jayhawks look pretty much unstoppable right now, but the Owls have been sharp during their seven-game win streak.
Michigan State takes on Texas Tech in a game set against the backdrop of Mike Leach's firing.
TWT FIVE - SPORTS STORIES TO APPEAR IN THE WASHINGTON TIMES NEXT WEEK
HE SAID WHAT?
"Corey, if this is your last game, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done in the covering of our team for the last couple of years."
- Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau, addressing Corey Masisak of The Washington Times. Masisak was laid off this week with the rest of the Times' sports staff
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world