- The Washington Times - Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A D.C. fire official said a 49-year-old man and his two teenage sons are in serious condition after they were found at their Northwest Washington home, where high carbon monoxide readings were detected.

Spokesman Pete Piringer of the D.C. Fire and Emergency Services said a 15-year-old boy had an appointment with a counselor and called to say he didn’t feel well. He said the counselor could tell something was wrong and contacted authorities.

When emergency workers arrived at the home on Seaton Place Northwest on Tuesday afternoon, they forced the door open, and the boy’s father stumbled out semiconscious. The boy and his twin brother were found unconscious upstairs.

Mr. Piringer said extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the home.

He said all three have regained consciousness and were taken to hospitals in serious condition.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide