- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Shanahan hires son as offensive coordinator
Question of the Day
ASHBURN, Va. | The Washington Redskins have hired Kyle Shanahan as offensive coordinator, Matt LaFleur as quarterbacks coach and Jon Embree as tight ends coach.
The appointment of Shanahan, son of head coach Mike Shanahan, had been known, but the team did not formally announce it until Wednesday. The younger Shanahan had been the Houston Texans' offensive coordinator.
Mike Shanahan called it "a thrill" to have Kyle Shanahan on his staff, "not only because it represents a chance to work with my son."
LaFleur worked with Kyle Shanahan as an offensive assistant for the Texans the last two seasons.
Embree was the Kansas City Chiefs' tight ends coach from 2006-08.
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- TRACCI: Six steps to end the border crisis
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs