- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Kanakaredes closing `CSI: NY’ case after 6 years
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Melina Kanakaredes (kah-nah-KAH’-ree-deez) is taking herself off the case for “CSI: NY.”
CBS said Monday that the actress has decided to leave the crime drama after six seasons. The network expressed disappointment but said it respected her choice to “move on.”
The actress says she would treasure the “amazing” friendships she made on “CSI: NY.”
Kanakaredes’ departure was announced just weeks before the shows resumes production on July 28.
“CSI: NY” will move from Wednesday to Friday night this fall.
There was no word from CBS on a possible replacement for Kanakaredes, who played police Detective Stella Bonasera.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Homeland Security adviser tweets America is 'Islamic country'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs