- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
3 to 8 years for co-defendant in Javon Walker case
Arfat Abdo Fadel, 32, has already served more than two years behind bars since his arrest several days after the June 2008 attack. He pleaded guilty before trial in April to felony robbery, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and second-degree kidnapping, and testified against accomplice Deshawn Lamont Thomas, 42.
Fadel declined to make any statement Wednesday as he stood in shackles for sentencing by Clark County District Court Judge Douglas Smith. Fadel’s lawyer, Michael Cristalli, later called the sentence fair.
Prosecutor Joshua Tomsheck told the judge that Fadel had no prior felony record and that Thomas was the one who robbed and beat Walker and left the former Oakland Raiders wide receiver unconscious off a side street near the Las Vegas Strip.
Smith on July 7 sentenced Thomas to life in prison without parole as a habitual criminal after a jury found him guilty of first-degree kidnapping, robbery, battery, battery with intent to commit a crime, conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
Walker, 31, is now an unsigned free agent. He testified he was falling-down drunk when he got into a car with two men he didn’t know after a long night of partying at Las Vegas clubs.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: Missing airliner, stolen passports fuel wild speculation
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Obamacare enrollment hits 4.2 million, but slowing
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again