- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
Dustin Hoffman to star in new HBO series `Luck’
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Dustin Hoffman is coming to TV and HBO is lucky enough to have landed him.
HBO says that Hoffman will star in "Luck," a new drama series about the horse racing world and the owners, gamblers and jockeys who are part of it.
Other cast members include Dennis Farina, Nick Nolte and Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens, who appeared in the film "Seabiscuit." HBO said Wednesday that the series will begin shooting this fall in Los Angeles, with locations including the Santa Anita Park racetrack.
The pilot episode was written by David Milch, whose credits include "NYPD Blue," and directed by Michael Mann, whose movies include "Ali" and "Public Enemies." Milch and Mann are executive producers for "Luck," along with Carolyn Strauss.
An air date for "Luck" was not announced Wednesday by HBO.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- EDITORIAL: A new witch hunt in Salem
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor USIS
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq