- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Most famous psychics in pop culture
Question of the Day
The recent World Cup in South Africa introduced us to a Paul, a German octopus with the remarkable ability to forecast the results of games. In this list, we honor the leggy mollusk, along with other great psychics and mediums who have captured our imagination and hard-earned cash.
- Paul the Octopus - From his tank at the Sea Life Aquarium in the German city of Oberhausen, Paul correctly predicted the outcomes of all seven of Germany's games plus the Spain-Netherlands World Cup final. Paul has now retired and joined the cast of "SpongeBob SquarePants."
- Johnny Smith - Actor Christopher Walken played a psychic in the "The Dead Zone." Pity he didn't foresee his dreadful role as "Feng" in the 2007 dud "Balls of Fury," about professional ping-pong players.
- Uri Geller - At the age of four he started bending spoons at the dinner table. The Israeli nightclub performer once stopped a cable car in mid-air using only the power of his mind. He befriended Michael Jackson and resurrected a bunch of dead people for the King of Pop's famous "Thriller" video.
- Michael de Nostradame (Nostradamus) - Born in 1503, in France, the prophet of doom is said to have predicted the French Revolution, the rise of Hitler, the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the BP oil spill.
- Jeanne Dixon - She predicted the Soviets would beat the U.S. to the moon and that World War III would begin in 1958. Popularly known for her prediction of the premature death of President John F Kennedy. She was an advisor to Nancy Reagan, but failed to predict the attempted assassination of President Reagan. Go figure.
- Miss Cleo - A self-proclaimed psychic and shaman, Youree Dell Harris lured us with her infomercial for the Psychic Friends Network in the late 1990s and early 2000s. She claimed she was from Jamaica but was born in Los Angeles. She was sued by the State of Florida for deceptive advertising.
- Oda Mae Brown - Played by Whoopi Goldberg in the movie "Ghost." "You're white. I knew it. Why me?" she says as she channels Patrick Swayze's character Sam. She's still in touch with the late great "Dirty Dancing" star, who will reprise his role in "Ghost II."
- Melinda Gordon - Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt plays a medium in the "Ghost Whisperer," who helps earthbound spirits resolve their problems. Easily the most beautiful spiritualist of all time. It's rumored she won the TV role after telling a Hollywood studio chief: " 'I Know What You Did Last Summer,' and it wasn't with your wife."
- Fiver - The psychic rabbit in the famed book "Watership Down," Fiver never got much credit for his frightening vision of the warren's destruction in the English tale. After a nasty bout with myxomatosis he went to work for Duracell Batteries.
- The Oracle at Delphi - A priestess named Pythia sat on a tripod over a fuming opening in the Earth and consulted the ancients Greeks, Macedonians and Romans on wars, politics and the future. Her major gripe was not getting a big fat wedding, but she offered good recipes for baklava.
Compiled with tongue in cheek by John Haydon.
About the Author
- Take a first look at The Washington Times' new dynamic website
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: West shouldn't pander to Putin
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: 'Redskins' hardly the only offender
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Radar, torpedos to end Hamas tunnels?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gaza 'analysis' poorly veiled bigotry
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors