- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Movie advocates nuclear disarmament
Question of the Day
Lawrence Bender, who produced the climate change documentary “An Inconvenient Truth,” hosted a private screening of his newest documentary Tuesday night at Gallery Place Theater in downtown Washington, D.C.
Titled “Countdown to Zero,” the new film focuses on the threat of nuclear weapons and advocates worldwide nuclear disarmament.
“I was able to see firsthand with ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ how much a movie can educate and start a movement,” Mr. Bender said in an interview. “I hope this movie will be the same.”
The screening was co-hosted by the Center for American Progress, a liberal-leaning think tank, and Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, who spoke to the audience before the screening.
“Countdown to Zero,” which has been screened in Kazakhstan and before the United Nations over the past few weeks, opens to the public on July 23.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Michelle Phillips is a student intern with the Washington Times through the National Journalism Center covering international affairs.
After growing up overseas, Ms. Phillips returned to the U.S. to attend Rice University for her bachelor’s degree, and is entering her junior year there. She discovered her love of journalism in college while working for the school newspaper, the Rice Thresher, ...
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq