- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political feints of the left
Question of the Day
Members of the political left are masters of disguise. They throw out stories that are insignificant compared to the big picture and try to overemphasize these in order to cover up the real stories.
Since the Democrats took over Congress in 2006, they have worsened our economy and way of life. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were the main culprits in our housing crisis, which led to the economic downturn, and the Democrats protected those failed institutions and continue to do so. The Obama administration has confiscated financial institutions, car manufacturers, student loans and health care, and now it’s trying to control our energy.
The left always plays politics at the expense of our country.Look at the Gulf oil spill:Rather than stop the oil leakage and protect the people of the Gulf by listening to the governors of the affected states, Mr. Obama chose to protect the unions and lawyers and push an environmental agenda. The president and the Democrats see the Gulf oil spill as an opportunity rather than a disaster, and now they see Arizona as another self-serving opportunity.
We need to focus on the issues that matter - and look out for the attacks continuously launched by the left.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones