- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political feints of the left
Question of the Day
Members of the political left are masters of disguise. They throw out stories that are insignificant compared to the big picture and try to overemphasize these in order to cover up the real stories.
Since the Democrats took over Congress in 2006, they have worsened our economy and way of life. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were the main culprits in our housing crisis, which led to the economic downturn, and the Democrats protected those failed institutions and continue to do so. The Obama administration has confiscated financial institutions, car manufacturers, student loans and health care, and now it’s trying to control our energy.
The left always plays politics at the expense of our country.Look at the Gulf oil spill:Rather than stop the oil leakage and protect the people of the Gulf by listening to the governors of the affected states, Mr. Obama chose to protect the unions and lawyers and push an environmental agenda. The president and the Democrats see the Gulf oil spill as an opportunity rather than a disaster, and now they see Arizona as another self-serving opportunity.
We need to focus on the issues that matter - and look out for the attacks continuously launched by the left.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
Get Breaking Alerts
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza