- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Previewing baseball’s second half
Question of the Day
The National League finally won an All-Star game, beating the American League 3-1 on Tuesday night to give the senior circuit homefield advantage in the World Series.
The victory officially turned the page on the first half of the season, and the second half is shaping up to be an entertaining couple of months.
There are tight division races everywhere, with the Texas Rangers’ 4 1/2-game lead on the Los Angeles Angels in the AL West the biggest cushion. The Rangers acquired Cliff Lee from Seattle as they push for their first playoff berth since 1999.
The New York Yankees will be playing with extra motivation following the death of owner George Steinbrenner, and several teams _ including the Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies _ will need to overcome significant injuries to stay in the race.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs