- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
Realtor profile: Stephanie Horwat
Question of the Day
Name: Stephanie Horwat
Company: Weichert, Realtors
Address: 7200 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, MD 20814
Year started: 1988
How did you get started in real estate? I had a career in retailing for about 10 years, selling cosmetics, jewelry and shoes. I loved working with different types of people and helping them. Eventually I felt that if I could sell something with a higher price tag, such as cars or homes, I could earn a larger fee and also help people through one of the most important decisions of their life. I chose to get my real estate license.
How long have you been with the current company? This is my 22nd year in real estate, I left my present company for eight years to work with a manager I deeply respected. I returned to Weichert, Realtors upon her retirement.
Licenses and designations: Realtor, salesperson
Awards: Weichert, Realtors Chairman Club, National Sales Award, Top 1 percent of Realtors nationwide
Greatest accomplishment in the past 12 months: I am currently keeping pace with my listing goal, 14 homes listed so far this year, including a very special listing achieved through a personal referral. My oldest daughter has graduated from high school and will attend University of Maryland’s Scholars Program.
Area of specialty: Bethesda, Rockville, Kensington and Potomac. I have long been farming neighborhoods in Rockville where I have lived for more than 30 years. I practice real estate in all of Montgomery County.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow