- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Apple CEO on iPhone trouble: `We’re not perfect’
CUPERTINO, CALIF. (AP) - Apple CEO Steve Jobs is responding to growing complaints about the latest iPhone by declaring, "We're not perfect."
Apple Inc. has been beset with complaints from buyers of its iPhone 4 that holding the phone with a bare hand can muffle the wireless signal. The problem has been termed the "death grip."
At a news conference Friday in Cupertino, Calif., Jobs declared, "This is life in the smart phone world. Phones aren't perfect, and it's a challenge for the whole industry."
Jobs also says the problem isn't widespread. He says just over five out of every thousand users have complained to Apple's warranty service.
On Monday, Consumer Reports said it refused to recommend the phone and called on Apple to compensate buyers.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.