- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Apple: iPhone 4 drops more calls than iPhone 3GS
SEATTLE (AP) - Gripes from some people about the iPhone 4’s antenna design have overshadowed many buyers’ comments that the newest smart phone from Apple Inc. gets far better reception than previous models.
Although that doesn’t sound like a big difference, a typical U.S. phone only drops one to 1.5 calls per 100, said Dan Hays, who focuses on telecommunications at management consulting firm PRTM. So another one per 100 could mean that the iPhone 4 drops nearly twice as many calls as the older model, Hays said.
IPhone 4 owners in the U.S. have endured other service issues in the three short weeks the phone has been on sale. AT&T Inc., Apple’s exclusive iPhone partner in the U.S., acknowledged that because of a software defect, its network was slower than it should be for people trying to upload photos, videos and other content from the phone to the Web.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again