- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Report: Paris Hilton caught with marijuana
Question of the Day
Corse Matin newspaper said officers at the airport in Figari found about one gram’s worth of marijuana. Hilton, who was transiting the French Mediterranean island in a private jet on Friday, was hauled in for questioning and released about 30 minutes later, the report said.
In a story posted on its Web site, the newspaper said Hilton was traveling along with “personalities close to power in Malaysia” from the French capital to Porto Cervo, in Sardinia.
In a posting on the TwitLonger site Saturday, Hilton wrote, “Just to put an end to these rumors. The stories saying I have been arrested are completely false!”
“I am having the best vacation of my life,” the posting said.
Earlier this month, Hilton was arrested after the Brazil-Netherlands World Cup match in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana. The case was then dropped at a midnight court hearing.
Hilton pleaded no contest in 2007 to alcohol-related reckless driving and was sentenced to 45 days in jail. After spending about 23 days in jail, Hilton told U.S. television host Larry King that the experience caused her to re-evaluate the role partying played in her life. She said she wanted “to help raise money for kids and for breast cancer and multiple sclerosis.”
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs