- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Celtic beat Sounders 2-1 after Seattle GK sent off
Question of the Day
SEATTLE (AP) - Georgios Samaras' penalty and Patrick McCourt's second-half goal gave Celtic FC a 2-1 exhibition win over the Seattle Sounders on Sunday.
Samaras came in on a counter in the 30th minute, and goalkeeper Terry Boss tried to cut down the angle, but wound up tripping Samaras, who put the ball in the net anyway.
Referee Paul Ward blew for a penalty, though, and replacement keeper Jordan Jennings came on to watch Samaras sent his kick high into the net.
McCourt made it 2-0 early in the 64th minute on an assist from Milan Misun.
Rookie David Estrada got one back for Seattle when he sent a 22-yard strike from the right side of the box into the upper left corner in the 66th minute, just two minutes after coming on as a sub.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world